About Take the Road to Aberfeldy
Listen to whay one reviewer called "the sweet yet fragile voice" of Margaret Bennett, as she sings this selection of English and Gaelic songs.
"[From the sleeve notes] Proceeds from this CD go to Bethesda Hospice and to the promotion of traditional music, in memory of my son Martyn whose music, vitality and creativity continue to inspire."
- The Singing Bird (trad. arr. M. Bennett, H.Downie)
- Gaol is e gaol i (trad. arr. M. Bennett)
- The Spinning Wheel (J.F. Waller, arr M. Bennett, S. Baxter. C. Brown)
- Hi Horo 's na Horo Eile (J. Maclean, arr. M. Bennett)
- A Chailinn Dhuinn & Miss Lyle (trad. arr. M. Bennett, H. Downie, R. MacMillan)
- Mary Mac (trad. arr. M. Bennett)
- Gur Milis Mòrag (trad. arr. M. Bennett, C. Brown, S. Baxter)
- Bu Chaomh Leam Bhith Mireadh & Glasgow City Police (trad. arr. M. Bennett, tune P.M. Donald MacLeod)
- The Pressers (Mary Brooksbank, arr. M. Bennett)
- Ailein Duinn & My Bonnie Light Horseman (trad. arr. M. Bennett, S. Baxter, C. Brown, R. MacMillan)
- Tuireadh Iain Ruaidh (Edward Purcell, arr. M. Bennett)